PeepSo Familly 1.x.x
- Go to WP Admin > Dashboard > Updates
- Select all PeepSo plugins that need to be updated
- Click ‘Update Plugins’ (note: this will deactivate all of the add-on plugins), don’t worry, they’ll come back during Step 6!
- Update PeepSo Core
- Go to the WP Admin > Plugins
- Reactivate all PeepSo plugins
PeepSo Family 2.x.x
If you are on version 2.x.x already:
Wait for all PeepSo plugins to show that the update is available and then update them all. We deploy our plugins through two independent systems (WordPress SVN and our own website), it usually takes a few hours for all updates to propagate properly.
Should you update only PeepSo foundation plugin, or paid add-ons, the plugins which are not updated will enter the “version mismatch lock” and you will not be able to use them until everything is on the same version.
In PeepSo 2.x.x the order of updates is no longer important – just make sure at the end of it everything has the same version number.
Plugins not activating / updating
- No PeepSo Add-on will activate if PeepSo base plugin (Foundation) is inactive.
- For version 1.x.x No PeepSo Add-on will activate if PeepSo base plugin (Foundation) has a different version number. This is a precaution against fatal errors about missing classes / methods / functions
- Some “Integration” plugins also require a third party plugin to be active, for example WooCommerce, Advanced Ads, LearnDash, Paid Membership Pro, etc.
- For version 2.x.x, integration plugins will still be active but their functionality won’t.
- All PeepSo plugins need to be ACTIVE in order to check for updates
- They also need a valid license key
If a plugin is inactive, it won’t get updated. For version 1.x.x, if you update Foundation, it will be impossible to activate it anymore. So you might get stuck with an outdated, inactive integration plugins. Then the only thing that helps is manual re-installation.