Sure! PeepSo core is totally free, just click the Download button on the top menu. If you want to play around with the premium plugins, just login to our demo site.
Yes, starting with PeepSo 1.10.0 version it's fully GDPR compliant.
The problem here is as usual with a number of various factors each as important as others. It doesn't matter how many users there are on your website. You could be running a community with registered users 1,000,000 on a shared server. But it'd still be fast if only a handful of them actually visited the site.
It doesn't really matter how many users there are but HOW they use the site and WHEN. Those are the key questions. In a perfect scenario they'd be using your site evenly throughout 24h so that the server load is nice and evenly distributed. It can work perfectly fine, but if they all come and login at the same time, server might not make it. Same with How they use the site. If they're just browsing, reading posts and maybe click a like from time to time, that's ok. But if they all start posting photos, writing comments etc in a short period of time that puts a strain on the server.
The general rule of thumb is this. Start small, but have room to grow. So if you can start with a cloud platform or a general VPS, sure. Monitor how your community is using your site. When they login, how the site performs in the spike times and adjust if necessary. What is important, though. Make sure they don't just CUT YOU OFF from processing power if you happen to reach some limits. That's bad for usability on the site. So contact the hosting of your choice and ask how are they handling it.
PeepSo performance is hugely overshadows competition and we're not planning to stop there. We've made an amazing progress in the last year regarding performance and we've got plans to make it even better.
Having all that said, we test PeepSo on daily basis with shared, vps and dedicated hosting machines just to make sure it all works on almost any given environment. That's all I can really say at this time. You can ask a few people on our own community what servers they use, what's the amount of users etc.
No, it'd need to be custom built. This is a topic that's been going on and off for, well years now. And it's not like we don't want to do it. I'd be more than happy to have that done, but here are the problems that we're facing right now:
* Creating a generic mobile app and putting in an app store would mean that that app is free, made by us and branded by us. Meaning, your users would need to download a PeepSo app. Login using: Community URL, Login, Password. Which first of all is bad usability for many reasons:
- looks shady if it's a generic app
- you have no control over the branding
- you have no control over the navigation or anything really
* There are some changes that must happen in PeepSo first to make sure that Push notifications are possible. That means pretty much rewriting the entire notification system so it's platform agnostic. That alone is an investment of around $10,000 - $12,000 in development cost. Only then the push notifications can be implement easily and 'natively'. It's possible now too, but would require creating custom plugin for your site to catch notification events and transform them into push notifications.
* What I'd love to be able to do is to create a development kit of an iOS and Android apps at least. That kit could be taken by you or whoever else, branded the way you want it to be etc and then you put it in the AppStore or Play store either free or paid one depending on your community type. The issue here is that the development cost of hiring at least 2 developers who could do that drastically overshadows what users are willing to pay for apps.
* Development kits pricing. Many people have no idea how much work goes into creating mobile apps. To create a simple app from scratch it's a cost of thousands of dollars and can be into 6 figures or more to be honest. You can read more about this here: https://www.formotus.com/blog/figuring-the-costs-of-custom-mobile-business-app-development For us to not even be profitable but to break even on development cost of such kits for iOS and Android we'd need to charge at least $5,000 per kit (that's $10,000 for iOS + Android) and sell at least 50 units per year. So far not a single user of PeepSo declared that they have such funds. Also what's need to be remembered is that we're not mobile app developers. So we would actually need to hire dedicated people to handle not only development but also support for such apps.
* Alternatives. There are always alternatives so people go to AppPresser and similar solutions which can be great. It won't be an actual App-App, though. Never will. It'll be a frame around your website and it'll pose as an app so it will have its limitations. But hey, at least it'll cost just a few hundred per year. That's why for now we recommend looking that way.
I really believe that at some point we'll get there and be able to offer mobile apps as a part of our service. I've looked into it countless times myself and made our guys research options of doing it somehow but there are no shortcuts here that are worth taking. We're not big fans of shortcuts anyway, we do things properly or not at all. That's why we have such a rigorous development process too.
For now we're trying to stick to what we know, there are still things to do with PeepSo and its plugins so we are busy with that. We'll be hitting a major milestone a year from now and probably around that time we'll have some more resources to actually start properly looking into this topic. I sincerely hope that you can at least understand the position we're in.
Licenses fully work only on one domain name assigned upon first plugin activation. It's also the only supported one. That includes automatic updates, upgrades and our technical support. For testing purposes we can add a staging site to the license keys that you already have. Please contact our support about it.
Each license is for one year. During that time you have access to: support, upgrades and updates for no additional cost.
Sure. The plugins will keep working but you won’t be able to download upgrades or obtain support after the license has expired. Access to downloads is also available only to active license holders.
We've tested PeepSo with dozens of major themes. But since there are thousands of themes for WordPress, it'd hard for us to test with all of them. Well, virtually impossible. In short, we recommend Divi.
You can check PeepSo (it's free) with that theme and if you find any problems, please report them and we'll fix whatever PeepSo might be breaking.
However, if the case is that the theme itself is interfering with PeepSo's styles and overriding them in any way, there's nothing we'd be able to do. You'd have to contact the theme developers to get that fixed.
Countless reasons, really. Privacy, security being the biggest ones. You having the total control over the content, no censorship and true freedom of speech. These are the four biggest: 4 Good Reasons To Have Your Own Social Network.
We offer professional translations for PeepSo. They are shipped with plugins and work out of the box for a number of languages. If you think your language is missing, you can contact us.
It somewhat works with Multisites, but PeepSo officially does NOT support multisite environments.