Access settings for registration and login by going to WP Admin -> PeepSo -> Configuration
Scroll down near the bottom of the page. Panel will be on your left-hand side.
- Disable registration – Enabled: registration through PeepSo becomes impossible and is not shown anywhere in the front-end. Use only if your site is a closed community or registrations are coming in through another plugin.
- Repeat e-mail field – Enabled: users need to type their e-mail twice, which improves the chance of it being valid and the verification e-mail reaching them.
- Disable e-mail verification – Enabled: users don’t need to confirm their e-mail. It is not recommended unless your registrations are coming in via another plugin (WooCommerce, EDD etc).
WordPress is a very big world full of various plugins and ways to register users. Some of them require those users to confirm their email address, some don’t. It’s a rather advanced feature that does come with a bit of a burden. Starting from PeepSo 1.11.1 We finally add this feature. By disabling the need for email confirmation people can use the site right away.The burden I mentioned earlier is that it does open your site up to possible abuse, and that’s something you must be aware of, pretty much anyone can register with a bunch of email addresses of other people, just to sign them up, whether it’s a prank, all in good faith or a straight-up malicious behavior.
- Admin account verification – Enabled: users register, confirm their e-mail (optional) and must be accepted by an Admin. Users are notified by email when they’re approved.
Disabled: users register, confirm their email address and can immediately participate in your community.
- Force profile completion – Enabled: users have to fill in all required fields before being able to participate in the community.
- Activation redirect – An url to redirect users after account activation.
- Force SSL on registration page – Requires a valid SSL certificate. Enabling this option without a valid certificate might break your site.
- Enable ReCaptcha – Add invisible recaptcha to registration process
- Enable Terms & Condition – Add your own ToS in a popup that will show during registration