Audio and Video configuration is accessed through WP Admin -> PeepSo -> Configuration -> Audio And Video
It is divided into two sections.
Left hand section contains all the configuration options, while right-hand section contains useful information for proper setup of the features provided with the plugin.
Video and Audio panels
Only one configuration in these panels. Enabling or disabling them will completely enable or disable Audio and Video features. It is a “master switch”.
Video Uploads panel
This panel holds all configuration options regarding uploading videos to the site.
- Enabled: A master switch, once enabled users are able to upload audio. Has no effect on video linking feature.
- Path to the FFmpeg binary: Path to the FFmpeg binary on your server. The FFmpeg library is required for video conversions. Please ask your hosting provider about it.
- Output resolution: Video resolution of the output video.
- Never upscale videos: When enabled, source videos with resolution lower than the defined output resolution will not be upscaled. The nearest lower resolution will be preferred. This setting is recommended to save space.
- Delete original file after conversion: Deleting the original file after conversion is recommended to save space on the server
- Maximum upload size: Maximum video upload size in megabytes – larger videos take longer to upload and convert.
- Allowed space per user: Allowed space per user in megabytes. 0 (zero) for no limit.
Thumbnails and previews Section
- Generate poster videos: When enabled video preview thumbnail will be generated. With the option disabled, there will be no preview frame. It’ll just be black background with a play icon on it.
- Generate animated GIF: When enabled a quick few second GIF will be generated from the video. It’ll be visible when hovering a cursor over the video.
- Output Format: Dropdown with following options
Audio Uploads Panel
Enabled: Master Switch. Users will be able to upload audio files. The files will be published immediately without conversion. Has no effect on audio linking feature.
Cover Art Section
Enabled: Cover art download will be attempted via Last.fm API.
Last.fm API key: You should enter the API key provided by Last.fm