PeepSo – BadgeOS Integration Plugin lets users earn badges for their community engagement. The badges or achievements, if you will, are displayed in users’s profiles. When a badge is earned a corresponding activity post is created on PeepSo stream as well to congratulate the user on earning a badge.
The Plugin not only displays badges that can be earned by performing activities that are by default available in BadgeOS. It extends BadgeOS’ possibilities and adds PeepSo Community Engagement Actions as well. That means users can earn badges performing activities in your community.
Which actions are available depends on which PeepSo plugins you have installed and activated. Available actions are divided into groups. Each group name is the name of corresponding PeepSo plugin that is required for them to work.
PeepSo Core (free):
- Admin Approves User Account
- Change Profile Avatar
- Change Provile Cover
- Write a Post
- Write a Comment
- Send a Friend Request
- Add a New Friend
- Send a Message
- Create a Group
- Join a Group
- Change Group Avatar
- Change Group Cover
User Profile and Navigation
The earned badges show in user profiles. Under Badges submenu that shows right under user profile cover. All of them are listed there.
There are 3 menu items and ways for users to view their badges.
- Link on the PeepSo toolbar under Profile > Badges – can be disabled in backend.
- Link in the PeepSo Profile Widget > Badges – can be disabled in backend.
- Link in the User Profile under the cover.
Activity Stream Posts
Whenever a user earns a badge there’s a corresponding post created in your PeepSo community. It’s like an announcement to the whole community that a user earned a badge.
Whenever a user earns a badge there will be a notification generated to let the user know about it. Just to make sure it’s not missed.
These are the available setting options in the backend of PeepSo Config > BadgeOS tab:
- Enable BadgeOS Integration.
- Show ‘Badges’ link in the PeepSo Profile widget.
- Show ‘Badges’ link in the PeepSo Profile menu.
- Create posts when user earns a new badge.
- Display recent badges on profile cover. (Compatible with PeepSo 1.7.1 and up)
- How many recent badges to display on the cover. (Compatible with PeepSo 1.7.1 and up)
- For more see the changelog.
Server and WordPress:
- WordPress 4.5
- PHP 5.4 +
- MySQL 5.0 +
- 64MB RAM
Please note: This is not a standalone plugin. For this plugin to work you must have the following FREE plugins installed and activated:
Having only these plugins installed you will have access only to the PeepSo Community Engagement Actions mentioned above in PeepSo Core section. To have all of the PeepSo Community Engagement Actions available you need to have all of the following plugins installed on top of the above-mentioned PeepSo and BadgeOS:
The support for this plugin is provided on the developer’s website.