Foundation • The free base of your Community
This plugin is the core of PeepSo. Its activity stream and profile pages will enable you to start building Your Community. PeepSo is a super-light, free, social network plugin for WordPress that allows you to quickly and effortlessly add a social network or an online community, similar to Facebook right inside your WordPress site. Social network for WordPress – in just a few clicks!
What sets PeepSo apart from other social networking solutions is its light weight and stellar design. PeepSo works right out of the box and within seconds, you can start a social network, right inside your WordPress site. There’s no need to hire a developer, mess with code, hack another plugin to make it look and work the way you want it. It simply works.Some of the features that PeepSo Core offers are:
- Activity Stream of the entire Community.
- Users can share their Posts with different privacy settings.
- Nested Comments under Posts.
- User Profiles with Avatars and Cover images.
- Customizable User Profiles.
- Pinned Posts – these are great for making announcements.
- Members list, including Member search and filtering.
- 3 Widgets: PeepSo Profile, PeepSo Online Members, PeepSo Latest Members.
- Coherent configuration.
- Dashboard with an Overview of your Community.
- Light and Dark theme depending on the colour scheme of your site.
- And many more…
It’s free, install it on your site and give it a go 🙂
Whether you’re traveling for fun or working on the road, checking in to a location is a great way to show others in your community where you are and what you’re doing. This free and light plugin allows members to select a location around them. A link to the location is then added to the stream, and opens a map in a small window.
Users can also set their location within their profiles. With this plugin installed there’s a new location field available.
Location plugin integrates with Google Maps and that lets you and your community members checking to any location all over the globe.
What to expect when installing and activating Location:
- A new location icon is added to the post box on the Stream and Profiles.
- A new location icon is added to the post box in Messages.
- A new location field in users’ profiles.
- A section in the configuration to add a google API key.
Moods is a free and light plugin that allows members to add sixteen different moods to their posts. They can show their happiness, joy, craziness, and more!
What to expect when installing and activating Moods:
- A new moods icon is added to the post box on the Stream and Profiles.
- A new moods icon is added to the post box in Messages.
Tagging is now a vital part of community interaction, a quick and easy way to engage others or grab someone’s attention. It makes a community more interactive and more engaging. This free and light plugin members to tag their conversation partners and friends (Friends plugin is required).
When you write a post, in comments you can tag any person who’s taking part in the conversation. With the addition of Friends plugin you can tag anyone who’s your friend in posts as well.
What to expect when installing and activating Tags?
- An @ sign before a name or username in a comment will tag anyone participating in a conversation under a post.
- An @ sign before a name or username in a new post will tag a friend.
- When the tag is shown in comment or post the last name can be removed from the tag to make the tagging look friendlier.
Core • What's most important
Photos is a “must-have” plugin that lets members upload images to the Stream, Groups, Messages and Chat. It invigorates communities with pictures that people love to see and share. When clicked, the photos open in a modal window allowing members to comment, like and show them to their friends.
The plugin also adds a Photos tab to profile pages and to Groups. It comes with 2 widgets: My Photos and Community Photos that admins can place anywhere. Profile Photo Albums, Groups Photo Albums, .GIF support and many more!
What to expect when installing and activating Photos:
- A photo icon is added to the post box in Stream and Profiles.
- A photo icon is added to the post box in Groups.
- A photo icon is added to the post box in Messages and Chat.
- My Photos widget which shows users latest photos. When placed in ‘PeepSo’ widget position it shows photos of that particular user whose profile you’re visiting.
- Community Photos widget which shows latest photos of your entire community (photos show depending on their privacy setting).
- Ability to create photo albums in members’ profiles.
- Ability to create photo albums in Groups.
- A new tab “Photos” is visible in the members’ profiles, and displays each member’s images and photo albums.
- A new tab “Photos” is visible in Groups, and displays images and photo albums added to that particular Group.
- Animated .GIF support.
- Built-in Integration with Amazon S3
Videos plugin allows members to add video links to the stream. The videos show in a wide display for easy viewing. Members can comment, like and share the videos, generating engagement and interaction.
The plugin also puts a Videos tab on profile pages that displays all the videos the member has uploaded, and adds a widget that shows My Videos on members’ profiles. It comes with 2 widgets: My Videos and Community Videos.
What to expect when installing and activating Videos
- A video icon is added to the post box in Stream and Profiles.
- My Videos widget which shows users latest photos. When placed in ‘PeepSo’ widget position it shows videos of that particular user whose profile you’re visiting.
- Community Videos widget which shows latest photos of your entire community (videos show depending on their privacy setting).
- A new tab marked “Videos” is visible in members’ profiles, and displays each member’s shared videos.
- A new tab marked “Videos” is visible in Groups, and displays each Groups’ shared videos.
Every community needs a convenient way for members to message each other privately. This plugin adds private messaging and also the possibility to create private group messages between many members.
What to expect when installing and activating Chat:
- A Chat icon is added to profile covers allowing other members to easily send them private messages.
- A new Messages/Chat icon is added to the top toolbar showing message notifications.
- A Messages page with a page-wide messages view.
- Chat works real-time.
- There are email notifications sent out to members when there’s a message waiting for them.
Creating connections is at the core of every community. Friends plugin lets your members add friends, accept or decline friend requests, and set their post privacy to “Friends Only.” It’s essential! Friendship relationships are what keeps people coming back to the community.
What to expect when installing and activating Friends:
- An Add Friend button is placed on members’ profile covers. The label on the button changes according to the status. For example, if a member has just added someone as a friend, the button will show “Cancel Friend Request” until the member has approved the request.
- My Friends widget which shows users latest friends. When placed in ‘PeepSo’ widget position it shows friends of that particular user whose profile you’re visiting.
- Friends Birthday Widget shows upcoming friends birthdays.
- A new Friends tab is visible on members’ profiles and displays all their friends.
- When looking at members listing you can see who’s a mutual friend.
GroupSo plugin allows your community to create groups. Communities, especially those revolving around a general topic, groups are a very useful tool. They allow your users to focus on a particular thing. There are open (public) and closed groups available at this time.
People being part of groups also have a tendency to feel more ‘at home’ with the exact focus they’re looking for.
What to expect when installing and activating Groups:
- Ability to create Open and Closed Groups (can be limited so that only community admins are able to create groups)
- Full integration with: Photos, Videos, Tags, Moods, Location plugins which extend Groups features.
- Group invitations.
- Group notifications.
- Group page view.
- Groups navigation menu in the Toolbar.
- Group Categories.
- Group search and filtering.
Extended Profiles plugin lets admins place additional fields on user profiles to create richer, more meaningful profile pages. Creation of the fields is completely ‘ajaxified’. Everything is done on the same page without the need to save and refresh. On the front end, the user can also edit their profile fields smoothly and seamlessly.
The profile field types that are currently available are:
- Multi select
- Single select
- Location (requires Location plugin to be installed and activated)
- Separators (These act like section headers, dividing fields into meaningful groups such as personal information, work, and education.)
What to expect when installing and activating Extended Profiles:
- An ‘Add New’ button appears in the backend of your site: PeepSo > Profiles allows to add new fields.
- Set privacy to profile fields.
- Reorganize profile fields to your liking.
- Set field validation.
- Set field requirements.
- Add more genders.
- And more…
This plugin extends the regular Likes on stream posts with emotional Reactions such as Love, Laugh, Wink and much more.
It features a built-in set of Reactions with a robust admin panel that lets you customize everything.What to expect after installing Reactions
- Built-in set of Reactions – immediately ready to use
- Ability to fully customize the plugin
- Custom Reaction names
- Custom Reaction notification text
- Custom icon (using one of the included icons or a custom uploaded image – PNG, SVG or even an animated GIF)
Polls plugin allows you and your community to create polls in posts. The polls can be placed in the main activity stream, in users’ profiles and even in groups.
When creating a poll users can set either a:
- single select poll – users can pick just one answer.
- multiple select poll – users can pick more than one answer.
Users can cast their votes once per poll. The design is sleek and simple, and because it’s fully responsive, it looks great on mobile as well as on desktops. Logged out users see the polls on posts, but can’t vote or see the poll results. They are prompted to login to vote and see results. With the use of User Limits plugin you are able to decide which users can create Polls on your community.
What to expect when installing and activating Photos:
- A poll icon is added to the post box in Stream and Profiles.
- A poll icon is added to the post box in Groups.
Let your community create Polls!
Extras • Extend your Community even further
Add Blog Posts tab to user profiles, featuring blog entries created by your community members. Automatically create a new PeepSo activity stream post.
This plugin adds a configurable Blog Posts tab to user profiles, featuring blog entries created by your community members.
it is also capable of creating a PeepSo activity stream item each time a new WordPress post is published. This includes regular blog posts and pages, as well as CPTs (custom post types). Only regular blog posts are enabled by default.
All post types are separately configurable with a customizable “action text” and can be enabled/disabled. An activity stream item is created only once, no matter how many times you re-publish the related item.
This plugin does not include the ability to create blog posts.
It’s intended to bring users back to the community and to build engagement through enticing content delivered by email. Because it only sends those emails to users who haven’t logged in during a period specified by the admin, it won’t bother active members; it will only show inactive members what they’ve been missing.
The plugin automatically sends those members a summary of the most engaging posts in the community, the posts with the most likes and largest number of comments. Admins can define the duration of the users’ inactivity and set the number of posts to include in the digest.An Email Digest with all settings enabled contains the following:
- Most Liked Post – The post that has won the largest number of likes over a set period.
- Most Commented Post – The post that has won the largest number of comments over a set period.
- Other Popular Posts – Other popular posts made by the community.
In PeepSo 1.6.0 we quietly introduced Activity Ranking. It takes four basic actions a user might do with a post and awards points on the following basis:
- 1 comment = 100
- 1 like = 50
- 1 share = 20
- 1 view = 1
So a post with 5 comments, 3 likes and 1 share would earn 670 ranking points. Points for views are only assigned when someone sees a post in a single activity view. It took long discussion and plenty of trial and error to figure out the scoring method. We wanted first to reward engagement that prompts a user to contribute to a post’s conversation. We decided that ‘like’ was the next most important reaction, followed by sharing and views.Email Digest Includes Plugin Content
Email Digests can display the text of posts, usernames / names and avatars. It’s also capable of displaying the content of other PeepSo plugins.
- Photos – supplies a picture attached to a post.
- Videos – supplies a thumbnail of the video shared in a post.
- Moods – supplies the name of the mood shared in a post.
- Location – supplies the location shared in a post.
- Tags – supplies the name of the person tagged in a post.
Privacy is always crucial to us. We’ve just spent the last two weeks testing the Digest in every possible way. We wanted to make sure that the plugin only considers those posts that have either a Public OR a Site Members privacy setting. The plugin ignores the ranking of any posts with a privacy setting of either Friends Only or Only Me.Configuration
Admins can choose a number of settings for the plugin. They’re all very clear and we’ve placed explanations under any that might need more explaining. PeepSo Email Digest Configuration.
- How often should the Email Digest emails be sent – Email Digests can be published on a daily or weekly basis. Because no one enjoys the sense of being spammed, we recommend setting the frequency to “Weekly.” Users who were inactive for a set number of days will receive a useful summary of what they missed over the previous week.
- Execute Email Digest email creation via cron job – We’ve found that sometimes the default WP cron job just didn’t cut it. So we created a setting to allow admins to create a server-side cron job and set it to run at a frequency of their choice. Server cron jobs are much more reliable. They don’t depend on users visiting your site and they are always executed on time.
- How many emails should be created in a batch – Depending on the number of users in your community—and the number of inactive users—you might need to create hundreds of emails. The batch setting prevents your server overloading. Emails are passed to the PeepSo Mailqueue which ensures they’re sent at the set time.
- Use images in emails – Our research and experience has taught us that the more images you use in emails, the more likely your emails will be marked as spam. You can read more about spam triggers in MailChimp’s post here.
In addition to the unsubscribe link included in the footer of every email, users can also opt out of the Email Digest in their Profile Preferences.Limitations
Please check with your hosting provider to find the number of emails you can send from your site in a day. Most, if not all, shared hosts place a limit. Email Digests may add significantly to other emails, including registration confirmations and notifications, sent from your site.
What to expect when installing and activating Email Digest:
- In the backend of your site go to PeepSo > Config > Email Digest, you will see a new area with settings for this plugin.
- In PeepSo > Config > Edit Emails, you will see a new box with the content of the email sent from this plugin, you can edit this email to fit your needs.
- Emails will start sending automatically at the day you set.
Take better control of your community! This plugin lets you restrict user access to selected abilities based on their role and/or required percentage of complete profile fields, and/or required custom avatar upload.
- hide Administrators (or any other roles) from Members page
- hide users from Members page until they fill enough profile fields (% defined by you)
- disable photo uploads / friend requests / groups / etc until they fill enough profile fields (% defined by you)
- don’t allow posts by users without an avatar
- Hide users from listings
- Disable sending friend requests
- Disable creating and joining groups
- Disable photo uploads
- Disable video linking
- Disable messaging
- Disable posting
- Disable commenting
- Disable polls
The VIP plugin lets you assign a special icon to users who deserve to stand out. The icon is displayed either before or after the user’s name on every membership list. You’ll be able to mark users as VIPs or as staff members, exactly as we do for moderators on the PeepSo.com community .Where Is The Icon Displayed?
The VIP plugin has three setting areas:
- The general plugin settings are available at the backend of your website at PeepSo > Config > VIP tab. You will be able to switch the integration on or off, and decide whether the icon should display before or after the users’ names.
- Settings on the VIP Icons page let you change the icons’ descriptions as well as upload custom icons of your choice. These settings are available at the backend of your site at PeepSo > VIP Icons.
- The icons are assigned to user profiles in the backend of your WordPress site. Navigate to Users, find the user you wish to grant a VIP Icon, and edit their profile. In the ‘VIP’ configuration section, check the user as a VIP user and choose the icon from the list.
The plugin comes with eight default icons with editable labels. But you can also add your own icons. You can simply upload new icons of your choice. Because the plugin uses .SVG files by default, the icons will be sharp regardless of the the screen size or resolution. You can also use .png, .jpg (raster) images, those might not look great in all scenarios though.
The WordFilter plugin gives your community peace of mind. Whether your community has a young audience or whether you just don’t want to show any profanity in your community’s posts or comments, the PeepSo – WordFilter plugin keeps your content family-friendly.Features
- Define forbidden words or phrases.
- Choose from four methods of blocking banned phrases.
- Set the filter to work on posts, comments or both.
- Automatically filters out unwanted phrases in PeepSo messages and chat.
The plugin masks forbidden words and phrases, but it does not interfere with the original posts. You’ll still be able to show a word or a phrase you’ve previously blocked, or change the rendering of the filter on the front end.
Changing the rendering from ##### to *****, for example, is as simple as changing the setting on the back end. To remove a word from the banned list, simply delete it from the back end settings.
AutoFriends allows automatic friendship formation between selected users and everyone else in the community including new registrations. If you want to be friends with everyone, this is the way to do it.How It Works
It works like magic! Search for a user and add them to the list. All newly registered members will now become friends with that user. To create friend connections between all existing members, just click the ‘Befriend all Users’ button. Boom! Done!That’s it!
Want to stop making new friends? Just remove the user from the list. Existing friendship connections will not be affected but the user will no longer become automatic friends with newly registered users.
Integrations • Combine PeepSo with other solutions
GIPHY is the best way to search, share, and discover GIFs on the Internet. Like other search engines, most of their content comes from indexing based on the best and most popular GIFs and search terms across the web.
Now the whole vast library of gifs is available to your community. Gifs from GIPHY can be added to comments under posts as well as shared via chat. It’s a great way to react to a post or a message.How does it work?
Adding a gif from GIPHY to a comment or chat is pretty straightforward. Click the gif icon, search for any keywords of your choice, and GIPHY provides you with gifs that fit those terms. Just click the gif of your choice and you’re done.GIPHY API
Since GIPHY is a third party service, it needs an API key to work. We’ve been working with GIPHY and we’ve made sure that you don’t need to apply for the key; it’s filled in during installation and works with any domain name. You’ll be able to change it in the config section if GIPHY changes the API key.
This plugin integrates the PaidMembershipsPro plugin into PeepSo’s registration and navigation, giving users a seamless registration experience. On registration, members are offered a list of membership plans. The plans are configurable via PMP plugin’s settings. Just as membership pages are.
Once members have chosen their plan, they can complete their registration and confirm their email address. They’re logged in. Admin can also choose to display a link to the PMP membership page as a sub-menu of the profile menu on the PeepSo toolbar.
The plugin’s settings can be found in WordPress Admin > PeepSo > Config > PMP tab. By creating membership levels with PMP, admins can also control user access to the community. At WordPress backend > Pages, find the pages that contain PeepSo Shortcodes.
Set the desired access level on all pages containing PeepSo Shortcodes except for the ‘Activity’, ‘Registration’ and ‘Password Recovery’ pages. You can also hide the activity stream from non-logged in users in PeepSo, keeping your community totally private. The focus of the plugin is on seamless navigation and a smooth registration experience for users. Registration and membership selection is now one easy step.
BadgeOS Integration Plugin lets users earn badges for their community engagement. The badges or achievements, if you will, are displayed in users’s profiles. When a badge is earned a corresponding activity post is created on PeepSo stream as well to congratulate the user on earning a badge.
The Plugin not only displays badges that can be earned by performing activities that are by default available in BadgeOS. It extends BadgeOS’ possibilities and adds PeepSo Community Engagement Actions as well. That means users can earn badges performing activities in your community.
Which actions are available depends on which PeepSo plugins you have installed and activated. Available actions are divided into groups. Each group name is the name of corresponding PeepSo plugin that is required for them to work.
PeepSo Core (free):
- Admin Approves User Account
- Change Profile Avatar
- Change Provile Cover
- Write a Post
- Write a Comment
- Send a Friend Request
- Add a New Friend
- Send a Message
- Create a Group
- Join a Group
- Change Group Avatar
- Change Group Cover
The earned badges show in user profiles. Under Badges submenu that shows right under user profile cover. All of them are listed there.
There are 3 menu items and ways for users to view their badges.
- Link on the PeepSo toolbar under Profile > Badges – can be disabled in backend.
- Link in the PeepSo Profile Widget > Badges – can be disabled in backend.
- Link in the User Profile under the cover.
Whenever a user earns a badge there’s a corresponding post created in your PeepSo community. It’s like an announcement to the whole community that a user earned a badge.Notifications
Whenever a user earns a badge there will be a notification generated to let the user know about it. Just to make sure it’s not missed.Backend Configuration: PeepSo Config
These are the available setting options in the backend of PeepSo Config > BadgeOS tab:
- Enable BadgeOS Integration.
- Show ‘Badges’ link in the PeepSo Profile widget.
- Show ‘Badges’ link in the PeepSo Profile menu.
- Create posts when user earns a new badge.
- Display recent badges on profile cover. (Compatible with PeepSo 1.7.1 and up)
- How many recent badges to display on the cover. (Compatible with PeepSo 1.7.1 and up)
The myCRED plugin awards users points for actions performed on your website. Now the PeepSo – myCRED Integration Plugin adds a bunch of new hooks for PeepSo-related actions. Users will win points for being active in your community. The list of hooks includes the following actions:
- New PeepSo Post
- PeepSo Post Deletion
- New PeepSo Message
- PeepSo Message Deletion
- New PeepSo Comment
- Comment Deletion
- Add New PeepSo Friend
- PeepSo Friend Deletion
- Add New PeepSo Stream Photo
- deleting PeepSo Stream Photo
- Add New PeepSo Profile Cover
- deleting PeepSo Profile Cover
- Add New PeepSo Profile Avatar
- deleting PeepSo Profile Avatar
Your users can gain or lose points for any of these actions. Their points can be displayed in their profiles, under the cover.
What those points do? Well… that’s up to you. The myCRED plugin, which is required for this integration to work, has a range of addons that allow users to buy points and spend them on content and other purchases. You can read more about myCRED plugin and its addons here .
Third Party • Software by our partners
The CM Answers Pro plugin was designed to create discussion boards and Q&A system forums on WordPress. The plugin allows forum members to post questions and answers, upload files, comment on existing topics and vote for the best forum contributions.
Using the plugin adds a new tab to users’ profiles. The Questions tab will show questions and answers posted by the profile owner. Each new question and answer may also generate a corresponding public post on the Activity Stream. The plugin is an integration between CM Answers Pro and PeepSo.
Please note that this integration requires CM Answers Pro .
Support for this plugin is provided by its developer .
CM Download Manager is considered the best download manager plugin for WordPress and once integrated with PeepSo adds the ability to share files within the community which has access restriction based on the user profile and group settings.
Each PeepSo user can upload files which will be shown in his profile. For each file the user can set access restriction and allow specific members or groups to access the file and download it. Once a user upload a file is also added to the feed and appears in his wall. The AddOn includes an option in the setting to control this feature.PeepSo – CM Download Manager features:
- Restrict Access by group – Restrict access to any file by specifying PeepSo group name/s
- Restrict Access by user – Restrict access to any file by specifying PeepSo user name/s
- User Download Area – Create for each user his own download area
- Feed Updates – Once user share a file it will be posted on his activity feed
- Control files visibility – User can control each file visibility and settings after upload using his files dashboard
The Download Manager and PeepSo can also be integrated with the MicroPayment plugin in such a way that a user will gain virtual currency or points for uploading file or downloading them. The setting for the amount of points granted or charged for uploads or downloads is available in the plugin settings after installing all modules. To achieve the above within the PeepSo social network you would need to have both the MicroPayment plugin and the PeepSo addon for MicroPayment .
The CM MicroPayments Pro This AddOn for CM MicroPayment and PeepSo supports adding a virtual wallet functionality to PeepSo social network.
A new tab will appear on PeepSo members profile to show user wallet and transaction history. Admin can define bonus currency or charge for posting and other PeepSo related actions. The number of points in the wallet can also be shown next to user name.
MicroPayment also interacts with CM Answers – PeepSo Integration Plugin by allowing admin to charge or grant currency for posting questions or answers
The plugin is an integration between CM MicroPayments Pro and PeepSo.
Please note that this integration requires CM MicroPayments Pro .
Support for this plugin is provided by its developer .
Locations Manager is considered the best locations and point of interest manager plugin for WordPress and once integrated with PeepSo adds the ability to share Google maps with location information within the community.
Each PeepSo community member can post new locations which includes images, videos, textual description of the location and of course a Google map showing the exact location on the map. Once a user posts a location a new Activity Post describing the location appears on his wall. Admin can also moderate the locations before they appear.
The Integration includes features like:
- Locations Dashboard – Add a tab to each user PeepSo profile page which let him control his locations and add new ones. This tab is visible only to the user.
- Published Locations – Add a tab to each user PeepSo profile page which includes all the locations he has published. This can also include a map showing all the posted locations. This tab is visible to everyone.
- Feed Update – Once user post a new location in posts his feed is automatically updated with information about the new location.
- User widget – PeepSo user widget includes links to user routes tab.
This plugin requires both PeepSo Core and Locations Manager plugin.
The new Routes Manager PeepSo addon allows users to integrate the Routes Manager plugin with their PeepSo social network. The Routes Manager plugin lets users create a catalog of map routes with various points of interest. This addon creates the ability for users to add map routes to their PeepSo social network and enhance their social community.
The Routes Manager Plugin displays created map routes with Google Maps integration. These maps include points of interest and can include trails marked for various outdoor activities like running, hiking or biking. Maps can be categorized by location, route type or difficulty.
The Map Routes Manager plugin can be used in many different ways. Routes can cover wilderness routes, city walks, hiking trails, and bike trails. The plugin can be used to create driving directions, show points of interest, and locate stores along designated routes.
The image below shows a PeepSo user profile with map routes published on the page. The map routes are added as a separate tab on the PeepSo user profile for easy access. This tab will allow users to see all the routes the published using the addon.
This addon is a great addition to PeepSo, and the maps integrate easily into the profile. The Routes Manager provides simple trails and helpful directions which can be added to the profiles. For more information about the Routes Manager PeepSo Addon, check out the product page.
- Cart is empty
- 0 plugins
Each plugin comes with a year-long license. During that time you have access to updates, upgrades and support.