The PeepSo Core plugin can be upgraded with a Zip installation file or by using the WordPress Plugin Directory.
Preparations before the upgrade that must be done
- Create a backup of the entire site, files and database.
- Make sure the backup works.
- Put the site in maintenance mode.
- Always upgrade the PeepSo Core plugin to the latest version first.
- Depending on your setup, upgrade the other PeepSo plugins like: PicSo, MoodSo etc. Follow the same upgrade procedure with a Zip Installation file as you would for PeepSo Core.
Using A Zip Installation File
- Open the PeepSo configuration.
- Under the “PeepSo Uninstall” options make sure that the: “Delete Post and Comment data” and “Delete all data and settings” ARE NOT CHECKED. Otherwise you will lose everything users ever posted on the site.
- Save changes.
- Navigate to the plugins list.
- Find PeepSo.
- Deactivate and remove PeepSo.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Use the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Upload the installation package
- Install and activate.
PeepSo upgrade from a zip file
Using The WordPress Plugin Directory In The Backend Of Your Website
- Navigate to the backend area of your site.
- Find PeepSo in your plugins list. An icon will indicate that the plugin needs to be updated.
- Click the ‘update’ link. WordPress will update the plugin.
PeepSo upgrade via WP backend
Join Our Community!
Join us to discuss PeepSo's features, connect with the development team and give suggestions.
No comments yet